Thursday, March 24, 2016

My Five Generation Birthplace Pedigree Chart

Five Generation Birthplace Pedigree Chart

Yesterday J Paul Hawthorne, author of the GeneaSpy blog, shared a fun and interesting five generation birthplace pedigree chart on Facebook. He created the chart using Excel and shared the template on Facebook.

Many of my fellow genealogy bloggers created their own chart using the template Paul provided and also shared them on Facebook. My timeline has been filled with these fun and colorful charts. Of course, I had to join in on the fun, so I created my own chart and shared it on Facebook last night. I decided to share my chart here on my blog as well.

Here's a little explanation about my chart:

The chart begins with me. I was born in California. My dad was also born in California and my mom was born in Brazil.

My paternal grandmother, Ingrid Anna Gillberg was born in Utah and my paternal grandfather, Arthur Harry Iverson was born in Minnesota. They both moved to California and met there. My great-grandmother, Hilda Maria Carlsson, and her mother, Karin Johnsson, joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Sweden and immigrated to the United States along with my great-grandfather, Carl Albert Gillberg, and their family. My 2nd great-grandfather, Iver Iverson, immigrated to the United States from Norway in 1858 and served in the US Civil War. He and my 2nd great-grandmother, Marit Thorsdatter, who was also born in Norway, both settled in Minnesota.

My maternal great-grandfather, Watson (Frederick) Emory Webster, was born in Ohio. He is known as "The Traveling Dentist" here on my blog. He practiced dentistry in three countries: the United States, Mexico, and Brazil. He met and married my maternal great-grandmother, Esther Matus Villatoro, in Mexico. They immigrated to Brazil sometime between 1910 and 1912. My maternal grandparents, Debs and Willis Webster and their family, including my mom, joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1950 and 1951 and immigrated to the United States in July 1952. So, that branch of the Webster family left the USA in the early 1900's and then came back again in 1952.

J Paul Hawthorn gave me permission to share his Excel chart template. So, if you'd like to make your own five generation birthplace pedigree chart, download the template by clicking on the link below. Thanks Paul!

Five Generation Birthplace Pedigree Chart

Thanks for reading!

Jana

© 2016 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

11 comments:

  1. Jana ... what a nice idea ... this looks great! Thanks for sharing it. I'm sure I'll try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Genealogy programs like Family Tree Maker make it easy to modify their standard reports to display only Place of Birth with no identifying names. I have also made Cause of Death and Longevity charts for a family member who needed it for her oncologist directly from the genealogy programs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana, a great colorful chart. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! You have a very interesting mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you told the story of how who got where.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great chart Double Karma! Thanks for sharing the link for it!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...