Friday, May 10, 2013

Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for May 10, 2013

Four Shooting Stars from Microsoft Office Images
My Fab Finds for this week are (in no particular order)
  1. Vintage Sewing Patterns and Family History by Thomas MacEntee for Flip-Pal Family History Blog
  2. Been Missing WDYTYA? Ready for some more family history tv programming? If so, read on ... by Upfront With NGS
  3. Eating Their Young by Ancestoring's Ask A Genealogist
  4. CAN MEETING A COUSIN BE FRAUD OR A SCAM? by Heritage Happens
  5. Miracles by Of Trees & Ink
  6. Three Ways to Turn Your Blog Into a Book by Free Technology for Teachers
  7. Researching Ancestors Who Were Committed to Asylums, Using Old Newspapers by Gena Philibert-Ortega for GenealogyBank.com Blog
  8. Piecing Together Their Lives ---final post by A Southern Sleuth
  9. Who am I? Data and DNA answer one of life’s big questions by Laura June for The Verge
  10. A Message from the Indexing Workforce Team by FamilySearch Blog
  11. Getting Ready for NGS 2013 Family History Conference AND NGS in Las Vegas AND NGS Day 1 by Family Cherished
  12. Betty’s Prom – 1947 by GenieMom's Musings
  13. A Genealogical Top 10 List, David Letterman Style by Our Lineage
  14. Old Map, Current Map, Homestead - Mappy Monday by My Ancestors and Me
  15. OGS 2013 Conference: Day Two AND Ohio Genealogical Society Conference Wrap-Up by A Sense of Family
  16. National Photo Month Giveaway: Photo Preservation Kit! by Diane Haddad – Genealogy Insider
  17. Still Loving Old Newspapers by Branching Out Through The Years
  18. The Top Ten Reasons for a Genealogical Conference by Karen's Chatt
  19. Thriller Thursday – The Disappearance Of Sena Roberg by ahnentafel
  20. Avoid link rot, use Permalinks by Genealogy's Star

New Blog Discoveries

In Case You Missed It….My Contribution to the Genealogy Blogosphere This Week

Thanks for reading!


© 2013 Copyright by Jana Last

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Another great week of reading! Thanks for sharing all these links. I'm going to dive in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy,

      You're very welcome! Have fun with all this great reading material. =)

      Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow, thank you Jana! Very nice surprise indeed! Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl,

      You're so welcome! Hope you have a great weekend too, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for mentioning The Organized Genealogist! I think we'll have fun and get a lot of ideas on the Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,

      You're very welcome! I know I need to get organized with my genealogy and need all the help and ideas I can get. Thanks for your new blog and Facebook page!

      Delete
  4. I'm going to enjoy reading these!

    Jana, may I make a suggestion? When you post links, you might consider having them open in new windows. I find that when I finish reading a link I automatically close the window, then realize I have also closed your blog and have to open it again. I just can't seem to remember to hit the back button to return to your blog. And sometimes I like to just open all the links I want to read at once! I'm a glutton!

    Thanks for your wonderful work of highlighting fun and informative reads for us each Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      I'm so glad you like my Fab Finds posts. And thank you so much for the helpful suggestion. I will make sure to have my links open in a new window from now on. =)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for including my recaps of the OGS conference in your Fab Finds, Jana. It means a lot that you found them interesting. I look forward to reading all of your other picks, too. I know I can count on you to find great posts each week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley,

      Aww, thank you so much for your very kind comments! You're very welcome for including your OGS recaps in my Fab Finds.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...