Monday, November 12, 2012

Military Monday–Veterans Day Edition

Source:  Lipton Sale Wikipedia.org
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.

In commemoration of Veterans Day, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of the members of the military who have selflessly served their fellowmen and this great country, the United States of America.

I also wanted to list my ancestors who have contributed to keeping these United States a free nation.  There may be some I missed because I am not aware of their service at this time.  If that is the case, I hope to update this list later.

Revolutionary War

Luther L. Waterman – (4th Great-Grandfather) Surgeon

War of 1812

Asher Waterman – (3rd Great-Grandfather) – Capt. Nehemiah Gregory’s Company, Ohio Militia Regiment.

Civil War

Ebenezer Perry Carlisle Webster– (2nd Great-Grandfather) – Co. E, 74th Illinois Infantry Volunteers.

Watson Emery Webster – (2nd Great-Grand Uncle) – Co. E, 74th Illinois Infantry Volunteers.

Homer Clark Waterman – (2nd Great-Grand Uncle) – Assistant surgeon of the 4th West Virginia Infantry and in the 2nd West Virginia Infantry.

Charles Wesley Waterman – (2nd Great-Grand Uncle) – Co. I, Ohio 116th Infantry.

Lawrence C. Crippen – (Husband of my 2nd Great-Grand Aunt Lucy Mae Waterman) – Co. A, 92nd Ohio Infantry.

Richard Engle – (Husband of my 2nd Great-Grand Aunt Sarah Amanda Waterman) – Co. G, 63rd Regiment Ohio Volunteer Infantry.

Korean War

Jan Albert Iverson – (My Father) – SP4 U.S. Army.

Thanks for reading!

Jana

Copyright © Jana Last 2012

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Jana! Lots of good family history there to research. Looks like both of our fathers served in Korea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ljhlaura,

      Thanks! And yes, I've got more research to do for sure.

      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Excellent tribute! You've made me start wondering how many veterans are in my family. I'll try to be prepared next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy,

      Thanks! I'm so glad you liked this tribute. And thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love how you listed all of your veterans - great idea. I thought about listing all of mine but just focused on a few this year. I think I'll start working on my post for next year now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi,

      Aw, thanks so much! You're so sweet! I'm glad you liked how I listed my military ancestors.

      And thanks so much for reading and for your comments. Much appreciated!

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...