Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wordless Wednesday–Sarah Vasques Madeira


Sarah Vasques Madeira
Sarah Vasques Madeira

This is Sarah Vasques Madeira, my maternal grandmother.  Unfortunately I never knew her as she died on 14 July 1942 in Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil.  She was born on 23 February 1900 in Rio Grande, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.  She was the wife of my grandfather, Debs Warren Webster, whose briefcase I wrote about in a previous post.  She was also the daughter-in-law to my "Traveling Dentist" Great-Grandpa Frederick Webster, of whom I’ve written several blog posts.

More about Sarah in a future post.  (Yes, yes, I know, this wasn’t wordless was it?  I just can’t seem to stick to the “wordless” rule on these.)  Smile

Thanks for reading!


Copyright © Jana Last 2012

4 comments:

  1. She is very striking and quite a sharp dresser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! That beret is so fun isn't it? It's a shame I never got to meet her. She died at such a young age.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful, classy lady! Thanks for sharing her photograph.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...